"Volunteering can be an exciting, growing, enjoyable experience. It is truly gratifying to serve a cause, practice one's ideals, work with people, solve problems, see benefits, and know one had a hand in them."
Without volunteers just like YOU, a non-profit organization like ours would not be possible. Simply put, volunteers are the heart and soul of the Interfaith Food Bank's mission.
In 2016, Interfaith Food Bank volunteers contributed contributed 17,904 volunteer hours - the equivalent of $349,307 in donated labor. In addition to gaining valuable experience working with the public, our volunteers fulfill school and civic requirements, all while contributing to the success of a precious community asset.
From students, to church or corporate groups, to retirees, we have a job for everyone at the Interfaith Food Bank and Great Finds Thrift Store, regardless of prior work experience.
Here are just a few of the ongoing positions we need filled:
- Food Distribution Site Hosts
- Food Drive Hosts
- Office Assistants
- Warehouse Assistants: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. We ask that you be available for at least two hours per week.
- Thrift Store Clerks
Age and other requirements
- Minors 16 years of age and older/high school seniors may volunteer unaccompanied
- Minors younger than 16 may volunteer if accompanied by an adult
- Warehouse volunteers must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- There is no maximum age limit for volunteers
- Delivery volunteers must possess a valid driver's license and insurance.
You can get more information about our Volunteer Program by downloading our "Volunteer Opportunities" information sheet: Volunteer Application